Welcome to The Actors Theater -
Next Up: Our 8th annual festival of locally written plays
Always our most popular offering, the festival gives local playwrights a chance to show their work. It also gives new directors an opportunity to polish their skills. The playfest is a unique opportunity for first time actors to test the waters to see if acting is for them.
After reviewing 14 ten minute plays, seven have been selected for presentation this year.
The plays included in this year’s PlayFest are:
- A Play at the Plate written by Indy Zoeller, directed by Lynda Sanders and Melinda Milligan, starring Fred Vinson and Peter Vinson. A veteran baseball sportscaster clashes with his up-and-coming broadcaster partner, both on and off the air, during the late innings of a game.
- Yard Sale written by Jackie Bates, directed by Frank Michels, starring Audrey Neddermann, Nate Feder, and Gillian Smith. Em is getting ready for a garage sale and things get complicated when unexpected and uninvited “help” shows up.
- Sign Off written by Cara Russell, directed by Gillian Smith, and featuring Tom Fiscus, Aerial Brown, and Andy Martin. It’s late one night in Manteca, California in April of 1973, and a young woman is determined to change her life.
- Adverse Possession written by Bill Westlake, directed by Lin McNulty, and featuring Maura O’Neill, Chelsea Dean, and Brian Richard. Never underestimate the power of a woman in prison.
- Results Are In written by Lin McNulty, directed by Cara Russell and featuring Olivia Smith, Michele Griskey, and Nick Hershenow. On the biggest night of Holly Ogden’s career, daughter Heather has managed to put a halt to the night, making it all about her.
- The Palm Reader written by James Wolf, directed by Patty Monaco, featuring Cara Russell and Thian Armenia. A chance encounter between a young boy playing war and a woman who cares could prove to be life-changing.
- Devil May Care written by Frank Michels, directed by Audra Goffeney, featuring Kira Bradshaw, Cele Westlake, Tracy Oniya, and Bev Johnsen. The play follows a young woman as she struggles with her demons in order to find her sobriety.
The plays will be presented at the Grange, opening on Friday April 26, Saturday April 27, and Sunday April 28. Then Friday May 3, Saturday May 4, and closing on Sunday May 5. All performances are at 7:30PM.
The first act is suitable for all ages. The second act is suitable for children over 13. Tickets are $5. For additional information call Cara Russell 376-6052, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are available at Darvill's, on-line at www.orcasactors.com and at the door.
Left to Right: Gillian Smith, Nate Feder and Audrey Neddermann rehearse "Yard Sale"
Our new seats are installed!!!!.
Thanks to Phyllis and Bob Henigson and the many other generous donors of time and money, our new theater seats have arrived, the new risers with lots more legroom are built and are ready for yhou to enjoy. Come and enjoy our new seatsl.
Auditions for "Love, Loss and What I Wore by Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron and Arthur: The Hunt by Jeff Berryman will be held on May 12th and May 14th at 7 pm at the Grange.
Love, Loss and What I Wore has roles for four women over a wide range of ages. The role of "Gingy" has been precast. There will be 8 performances of Love, Loss and What I Wore between July 12th and Juy 28th.
At the same time, we will also hold auditions for Arthur: The Hunt. This play has several role for men and women in their 20's and 30's. There are two roles for men in their 40's to 50's. There will be 7 performances of this play between August 3oth and September 15th.
Auditions will be by readings from the scripts. Scripts for both plays wil be available at the counter of the library .
Lots to keep us busy and lots of quality theater for you to enjoy.
Follow us on Facebook:
The Actors Theater is on Facebook. You can follow our progress by going to Facebook and searching for THE ACTORS THEATER OF ORCAS ISLAND. We are up to 212 friends and counting.
Click here to go to our Facebook page.